A network of Distributors, located in Fredericton and surrounding communities, provide convenient and timely service to Community Food Smart members.
Distributors share a common interest in wanting to make it easy for their clients, members, parishoners and associates to enjoy the benefits offered by Community Food Smart, including access to fresh produce at discount prices and information on food, nutrition and healthy eating.
Distributors are the primary point of contact between members and the Community Food Smart club.
By applying to become a Distributor, an organization agrees to deliver on the following responsibilities:
1. promoting the bulk food discount buying club to individuals and families who could benefit from access to
affordable, fresh produce bags
2. processing completed membership forms and recording information to a membership database
3. accepting payments and issuing receipts
4. collecting returned produce bags and collecting fees for new replacement bags
5. submitting summary order forms electronically on the order due date and remitting all money collected
6. providing space and managing the pick-up of produce bags
7. providing one or two volunteers to assist with packing and delivery of produce bags to the Distributor
8. responding to individual member inquiries
9. participating in and supporting ad hoc surveys and assessments
10. providing information on the club and it’s service, on a website if appropriate, complete with order and pick-up date schedules, locations of all Distributors and information on how to become a club member and volunteer
Organizations interested in being Distributors submit a completed Distributors Application form to the Community Food Smart Evaluation and Review Committee.
Approval of the application is contingent on an assessment of the organizations' ability to satisfy a variety of factors, including :
- Ability to adhere to the responsibilities of a Distributor
- Potential membership size and demographic profile
- Ability to manage electronic order and data management processes and the collection of money
If your organization is interested in learning more about becoming a distributor for Community Food Smart, please contact us directly.